- Closing Date
- Friday, 28th October 2016
- Job Type
- Technical Services
- School of Biosciences – Technical Services
- £22249 to £26537 per annum (pro rata if applicable), depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance
Applications are invited for the above full-time and part-time posts which are based within the School of Biosciences at the Sutton Bonington Campus.
The post is to provide technical support on a NERC funded research project “Evaluating the Threat of Antimicrobial Resistance in Agricultural Manures and Slurries”.
The role holder will assist with the collection of soil & slurry samples & processing the samples for microbiological, genomic, wet chemistry & water quality indicators and will require working off-site.
Duties will include:
- Processing samples for further analysis by LC-MS, ICP/AAS, PCR and microbiological analysis and culture,general microbiological analysis & culture at ACDP 2,assessing water quality indicators using UV vis spectrophotometer
- Ensuring stocks & equipment in own areas of responsibility are maintained & available for use.
- Maintaining a safe working environment in accordance with statutory & University Health & Safety procedures.
Full details can be found in the job description.
Candidates must have a HNC in a relevant subject or equivalent qualifications plus considerable relevant technical/scientific experience OR substantial work experience in a relevant technical or scientific role.
Candidates should have experience of working with ACDP 2 pathogens and proven technical and/or experimental expertise in techniques for water quality analysis including filtration, COD analysis, molecular biology & PCR technologies.
These posts are available as soon as possible on a fixed-term contract for a period of 15 months.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to: Dov Stekel tel: 0115 9516294 Or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.